Here is my list of the top Blue Jays of All time - Given our storied history, I believe this is necessary. In determining this list - we are using the brilliance of their time with the Club to be the determinig factor.
1. Carlos Delgado - His Power numbers are the tops of all time. He was the best in Baseball for sometime and he wasn't on the Juice. So he should have won atleast 1 MVP award.
2. Dave Stieb - His greatest years were wasted on terrible clubs in 81-84 - pitched far to many innings early but is still considered the best pitcher we ever produced.
2.a George Bell - Bell was the best position player until Carlos got to town.
3. Roy Halladay - 'Doc' will end up being the best pitcher we ever produced when it is all said and done.
4. Tony Fernandez - Over his 3 stints with the Jays we had 3 love affairs with this guy. From his deep throws from short to his Rod Carew hitting style. He was one of a kind.
5. Fred Mcgriff - Yes, the second best firstbaseman we ever produced. A model of consistency - I have to think that he was wonderful to watch play.
6. Ernie Whitt - Great game caller and could swing a mean stick - 3 bombs anyone?
7. Roberto Alomar - Love him or hate him - he still belongs on the list and will go into the Hall of Fame as a Blue Jay.
8. Vernon Wells - Should move higher but his downturn from last year was unacceptable.
9. Tom Henke/Duane Ward - One was more dominant - one lasted a little longer. Together they were incredible.
10. Lloyd Moseby - You have to love the shaker.